Friday, November 27, 2015

Day 27: Interview with a Celebrity

Ronny asked me if I would be willing to let the 5th graders interview me in English today. I told him I should and asked him if he wanted me to dress up at all. His suggestion... was great!
Me as Anna and the 5th grade class
Ronny had told the kids that they were going to get to interview a celebrity straight from Hollywood. When I walked into the classroom, you should have seen the kids faces. They knew it was me, but they couldn't really get past the fact that I was also Anna from Frozen (or Frost as it is known here). They asked me all sorts of questions, and I answered them as Anna. This lesson was really good for the students because they wanted to ask the questions. They had to come up with the questions first and then ask them, and nearly everyone asked the questions.
This is something that I want to have in my classroom. I want to have different characters, fictional or real, come into my classroom. So I am going to need a lot of different people willing to help me with this. My mom has already said she was willing to help me. When I was little my mom had a friend who would dress up as different people for my birthday parties. I loved having her come. We could all dress up with her and we loved it. 

I also taught the 7th graders about adverbs. Once again, I found a very annoying song to help them remember what an adverb was. Then we made a anchor chart of adverbs so they could remember them later. 



No comments:

Post a Comment