Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Day 16: Cookies and Chatting

Yesterday my roommates made some cookies. Oatmeal chocolate chip. Delicious, however they were also different. The brown sugar that they bought was a little different, more grainy than the brown sugar in the States. Also, Norway does not believe in chocolate chips apparently and they had to purchase a chocolate bar and cut it up into chips. But even with these differences, the cookies hit the spot! Speaking of which, I think I will make stir-fry with rice tonight. That will be very good.

I think I got the hang of teaching English now. Last week I realized that I wasn't doing a very good job with teaching them English that they needed to know. So I changed how I did it today and I think it worked a lot better. I looked at their goals for next week and based my lesson off of that. We did some work in the book and practiced how to respond to the question "When is your birthday?" " My birthday is on (month) (date)" I think this will help them more than just writing.
Yes, I know writing helps a lot and they need it in their education. However, that is not all there is to English and I need to address all the sides of English, not just one. These English lessons I think would fall under the Utah Core English Language Proficiency standards, and not actually under Language arts. They are learning how to talk with people, at least they were in this lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment