Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Day 19: Cool Ideas

Today felt almost surreal. I had a wonderful meal last night and I have felt full all day! We had a traditional Christmas dinner, which was delicious. We also got some free books (who doesn't love a free book?) And I brought them all to school today which the teachers loved looking through the picture books.

Most of my lessons today were with the 5th grade. I hadn't planned anything which meant I got to read with them. I love getting to spend the one on one time with each student. That is something that is difficult to do when you are the main teacher. But I also believe that it is very important to find the time to do it. The students love it when they know they are loved and appreciated. What better way to show them then to give them their own special time with the teacher. 

Sometimes I am amazed at how cold my body can get. I came home from school and got straight in bed and sat there freezing for the next two hours. How can Norwegians even stand to go outside? Especially when they only wear a light jacket. I guess I might be like that if I lived here for a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment