Thursday, November 19, 2015

Day 21: It's An Action Word!

♫"A Person, Place, or Thing is a noun!"♫ This song has not only been stuck in my head all day, but also in my student's heads. This is a good thing because hopefully they will remember it! We practiced all day today.
"When I say 'what is a noun?' You say..."
♫"A person, place, or thing is a noun." ♫ We only went over it about 50 times today before moving onto verbs!

"What is a verb?"
♫"A verb is a word, it's an action word!"♫ This one is a rap. They loved learning the words to this one. Yesterday when we learned these songs Sylvia suggested that we add in different actions to make the song a little different each day. I think we may do that on Monday. Or Wednesday as that is when I teach 4th grade English next.

I am going to teach both of these songs to the 6th graders. I feel like I am using a lot of music recently, but that is not a bad thing. Quite the opposite. When the kids learn a song they remember it. They might remember it for years. But at least it will be stuck in their heads for the rest of the day, so they will remember it for at least that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment