Friday, November 13, 2015

Day 17: Music in my Soul

It was strange to go to school today because yesterday I did not go. But today was my music day, and so I was happy.
I love to sing and to share that with my students is wonderful.
I was asked if I could make a large heart for an exhibition that Valen school is doing at the Husnes library. I am pretty excited about, and very glad that I have the opportunity to create something for this.
The students of my school are all learning a dance and will be performing it soon, though I don't know when. They had a practice outside today and it was so cool to see all of the students dancing, the first graders through the 7th graders. The 7th graders tell me that they don't like the dance, but they were obviously enjoying themselves.
I also played some football with the kids during recess, they loved it! And I did as well. Though playing with the 7th graders is a little intimidating because they have all been playing for ages, and me... well I was on a team once when I was 10...
During 5th grade music there was a substitute teacher. When I say substitute teacher, I don't mean like we have in America. One teacher was sick, so they fenagled the teachers around until they could get one to cover her classes. This works out well here because everyone works together to keep the students learning. Anyway, the sub didn't really know what he was going to do for music. I told him I had some songs ready that I could teach if he wanted me to. The look on his face was so relieved. So we went over the songs that we learned last week and learned two new ones. I think their favorite was Da Moose Da Moose. I love that song, and they loved doing the voices and the actions. I hope they like all the songs, but it is cool to have a favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment