Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Day 11: MORE Songs

Assemblies are always awesome. But Norwegian assemblies are the bomb! 
All of the kids in the entire school (which would be just the 1-3 grade in any American elementary school) went into the gym. Then they proceeded to have an entire hour where everyone just sang! I tried to write down at least the first line of each song so I could find it later. 

Lille Føken Kantarell - these are the lyrics to the first one. I know, they are in Norwegian, but I couldn't find the music. 


The next song is called Sambalele. The kids loved it! I think it was translated from Spanish, but I couldn't find it. 


Another was the Valen Skule Song. It was so cute! I wish I could at least get the lyrics. 


The next has a first line that goes like this " krystallklare dagar, ja no er det haust." I couldn't find the lyrics though. 


The last (that I got the name of) was called Regnvæsang. Apparently the Internet doesn't even know what that is, so that is cool. 


I wish we had times here we just sang in America. I think I might put that in my classroom. This assembly connected to the Utah Core music standards for 4th grade, standard 2, objective 2. 


Another thing I have been thinking of to do in my classroom is to have a classroom library. I was already going to have one bu I have a really good plan now. In my library I will have at least one book on every level in every genre I can think of. Then I can give kids the books on their level  until they find one that they really want. Then I can either have more books, or a list a books they can get from the library of other books they might like. As I am typing this out I am thinking to myself "Don't you think that is what every teacher tries to do?" Well, yes, but I haven't tried it yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment