Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Day 20: Differences

Observations today.
I was a little bit nervous, but the kind of nervous I get when I am just waiting for something, not because I was scared. Observations have never really bothered me. I figure if I let them bother me then I can't perform my best. I would rather teach the students well then be nervous about someone watching me to give me some positive and constructive feedback.
Overall, I thought the observations went really well. My lessons were pretty good and my students were very well behaved (though they always are... or most of the time). I almost wish I had more time to talk with Sylvia and Donna. Both women had so many good observations and there just wasn't enough time to cover them all. I am glad that they took notes, that way I can look on those and get some information we didn't have time to cover afterwards.

Since I have been here in Norway, I have found time to read again. I haven't read much in my college career as I needed to make sure I got my homework done and tests studied for. But now, I have more time. After I plan my lessons for the next day I am able to relax by sitting on my couch, reading a book, occasionally looking out over the fjord and enjoying the serenity of being in this beautiful country.

One thing that is difficult about being here in Norway is my lack of personal time. When I am not at school I am often with my cabin mates or the other student teachers. This is mostly because it is relieving to be with other people that speak my same language as well as I do. But Thankfully I have found a way to get some alone time. If I go to bed early, then I can get up early, which no one else wants to do. This way I get plenty of time to meditate with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment