Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Day 21: Pensive

Today was so much easier. Mrs. Burton was back, which helped the students want to behave better. I was still doing most of everything, but I didn't have to worry about it as much because she was there.
I am beginning to realize that I still don't really know what I am doing. Yes, I have been in school for a long time, I have been learning all of this stuff. But my chances to practice it have been rather limited. I have been in level II, level III, and now in level IV, but these experiences, while wonderful, have been limited. I have been in someone else's classroom with someone else's rules, classroom management, and set up. I don't know how I want to do a lot of things, but I do know that my first year of teaching will teach me more than I can imagine.

I have been thinking about Norway, and I sill don't know what I am going to be doing over there. I don't think it is going to be like student teaching here at all. Will I be able to take over? Possibly, but probably not as I can't speak Norwegian. I need to teach a unit about America over there, and I have a few ideas (national parks, books 4th graders are reading, favorite pastimes, a bit of US history, native Americans) But I am not quite sure how to put those into a unit, especially since I don't know when I will be doing any of this. I think it will be easier to create when I have finished my Heredity unit for Mrs. Burton.

No comments:

Post a Comment