Friday, August 21, 2015

Day 5: First Friday of the School Year

Even though yesterday was the first day of school, you could tell today was Friday. Everyone, including myself and Mrs. Burton, were ready for the week to be done. However we did still do some amazing things, and I learned a ton!
First: ALWAYS put a section for Name ___________ on EVERYTHING. And always have a place for Student Name_______ on anything I want parents to bring back to me! Other wise I will have no idea which name goes with which child.
I learned that tests take FOREVER. Almost literally. Wow, I do not remember tests taking that long!

I was very impressed with how much forethought my teacher has put into everything. She keeps her plan books from previous years, and has been using them to plan for this year. She told me that she ALWAYS keeps them, especially when she did something really good that year.

The students all took a Personality quiz, but they didn't know what it was. Anyway later we grouped them according to their personalities and told them to make a skit of the Three Little Pigs and they had five minutes. Wow! You could tell they were all the same personality. The whites were whispering quietly, not making any decisions. The yellows immediately went into trying to build a house and were walking around on all fours. The reds were shouting out orders and the blues were all bunched together making sure everyone got a part. At the end of the 5 minutes we brought them back together and told them they would not be performing their skits, but this was an exercise. So we told them what personality color they got based on their test they had taken that morning. My teacher had the pros and cons of each personality listed and gave it to them. It was so cool to watch them recognize their strengths and weaknesses.

I need to figure out how I am going to keep track of the scores of students, assignments, missing work, and who needs to make stuff up. Do I want to use a computer program, paper and pencil, or some other way?

No comments:

Post a Comment