Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Again, What is Art?

So What is Art again?
I want to expound on this topic, some more.


According to Google Art is the product of human creativity.
So, according to this definition, Monkey's cannot make art. In my art class, we talked about a monkey that made art and they had an entire show full of this art. But Google says this monkey cannot make art. In my previous post, I did not research what art is.
But an Art History Website says that art does not have a satisfactory definition.
Britannica Encyclopedia says art is "a visual object or experience consciously created through an expression of skill or imagination."
My friend Joe says "Art is something which you create using some sort of medium ... which present an idea or emotion in a symbolic fashion which can be intelligibly communicated to the audience or viewer in a meaningful way."

In my previous post, I did not research what art is. But after looking at just a few opinions of what art is, I have changed my opinion. I did not have a real opinion before. But now I do.

Art is something created, whether by nature or man, to inspire and to instigate some sort of feeling in someone else.


Google. Google, - . Google. Web. 24 Jan. 2011.
Witcombe, Christopher. Art History. Sweet Briar College, - 1997. Google. Web. 24 Jan. 2011.
Britannica Academic Edition. Encyclopædia Britannica, - . Google. Web. 24 Jan. 2011. 
F, Joe. Web. 17 Jan. 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment